The Idaho Forest From Lumberjacks to Lasersaws
FOREST HISTORY SUPPLEMENT FOR IDAHO TEACHERS AND STUDENTS
The Idaho Forest: From Lumberjacks to Lasersaws booklet focuses on Idaho’s forests and forest industry.
The Student Reader is designed like a scrapbook and has four sections:
- King Pine – about the western white pine, our state tree.(PDF, 861kb)
- Forest Digest – about Idaho forest geography and ownership.(PDF, 1.9Mb)
- Tools of the Trade – about historic and modern forest technology.(PDF, 737kb)
- People and Idaho’s Forest – about the pioneering people tied to our forests.(PDF, 1.5Mb)
The Teacher Guide has background information, lesson plans, reproducible student pages and glossary, and overhead transparency maps. The student activities are correlated to Idaho Content Standards in Social Studies, Math and Language Arts.
- Teacher Guide (PDF, 1Mb)
- Maps – Land Ownership, Forest Types, Annual Average Precipitation in Idaho (PDF, 1Mb)