The forest sector attracts people who thrive in a dynamic environment
Is a job in the forest sector right for you?
Whether working outdoors, in the forest, inside a piece of heavy equipment, in an office, a research lab, at a computer station or a manufacturing or distribution facility, the forest sector attracts men and women who thrive in a dynamic environment. Some jobs require teamwork, others operate independently, but no matter where they work, forest employees experience a sense of contribution and accomplishment.
A career in the forest sector may be a good fit if you enjoy:
- Science and/or scientific research
- Recreating or working outdoors
- Playing video games
- Working with computers, high-tech machines and tools
- Scouting, hiking and camping
- Hunting and fishing
- Working independently
- Working with people in teams
- Gardening and farming
- Making a difference
- Being part of a community
- Working in a fast paced environment
- Challenging opportunities
- Making above average wages
Click here to read FIND YOUR PATH: A booklet for high school students highlighting forest careers
Career advancement can lead to excellent life-long careers in Idaho’s forests and forest products manufacturing plants and mills. And, wages in Idaho’s forest sector are substantially higher than other industries and well above the state’s average. Competitive wages and benefits are offered by many forest products and forest-related employers.