9th – 12th Grade Learning Materials
Learn and teach about the benefits of trees, ecosystem services, effects of human activities, forest ownership, forest management issues, wood and paper products, energy, sustainability, careers.
WORKSHOPS & STUDENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Explore our workshops and sign up for our outstanding professional development opportunities
- Find free resources, student contests and more opportunities to learn and teach about Idaho forests and the natural environment
- Encourage participation in the annual Student Essay Contest for K-12 celebrating National Forest Products Week
- Encourage students to enter the annual Arbor Day Student Photo Contest for 5th-12th graders and take photos all year long
- Encourage participation in the Thru The Trees Video Contest for 9th-12th grades
Why Are Some Forest Fires So Intense?
Are Forests, Carbon and Climate Change Related?
How Can we Get Green Power From Overcrowded Forests?
Find Your Path (forest careers)
Is Working as a Logger for You?
Profiles of Idaho People with Forest-Related Jobs
Are Idaho Forests Renewable and Sustainable?
How Do Forests Affect Our Drinking Water?
Are There Laws that Protect our Forests?
Idaho Forestry Best Management Practices Field Guide
Request Look to the Forest/How Trees Work: Blueprint of a miracle 2-sided poster
Subscribe to Receive Regular Updates from PLT and IFPC
Receive updates on new materials, learning opportunities and resources from Idaho Project Learning Tree and Idaho Forest Products Commission.